Where should I place in a JMIX project the Entity Validators?

Hi,

previously in CUBA, when I needed to perform entity validation (more complex validation than setting annotations in the entity class) upon a commit action on an ScreenEditor, I was able to annotate the ScreenEditor as

@CicloBean(groups = UiCrossFieldChecks.class)

where CicloBean is the interface that links the class that effectively performed the validation in the following way:

CicloBean.java
@Target({ ElementType.TYPE })
@Retention(RetentionPolicy.RUNTIME)
@Constraint(validatedBy = CicloBeanValidator.class)

public @interface CicloBean {

String message() default "";

Class<?>[] groups() default {};

Class<? extends Payload>[] payload() default {};

}

and the class CicloBeanValidator.java

public class CicloBeanValidator implements ConstraintValidator<CicloBean, Ciclo> {

@Override
public boolean isValid(Ciclo value, ConstraintValidatorContext context) {
    boolean isvalid = true;
    //si el depto tiene un contrato vigente, hay que asociarlo
    Departamento d = value.getDepartamento();
    ContratoInquilino ci = null;
    try{
        ci = AppBeans.get(ContratosService.class).devuelveContratoVigenteParaDepartamento(d);
    }catch(Exception exc){
        //No reporto el fallo de la validacion. No es un error firme, es una incomplecion de datos pero no critica.
    }
    if (ci!=null){
        if (value.getContratoInquilino()==null){
            context.buildConstraintViolationWithTemplate("Se ha detectado la existencia de un Contrato Vigente pero el ciclo no tiene Contrato Asociado").addConstraintViolation();
            isvalid = false;
        }
    }

return isvalid;

}
}

Now, this classes in CUBA were located at:

/[PROJECT]/modules/global/src/[company package tree]/validations

note that PROJECT is my project name and ‘company package tree’ is my package structure, and validations is the package where I stored all that logic.

Where should I place this logic in JMIX? In JMIX I don’t see an equivalent project tree structure that clearly points to an analogous location for those files:

/[PROJECT]/src/main/java/[package structure]/
…/entity
…/screen
…/security

I have checked the JMIX internal classes and a class such as UiCrossFieldChecks is located at the package ‘io.jmix.core.validation.group’, so the logic seems to still be there and if no warning against it, I would continue to apply the same logic for entity validation, just don’t know where to place the files.

Many thanks in advance.
Regards,
Carlos.

Hi. You’re right, the validation logic does not change. Check the example here. You can place your classes wherever you want.

Regards,
Natalia

Cool. Many thanks Natalia.

Regards,
Carlos.