Add addons to Marketplace

I have migrate my addons from Cuba to Jmix. Is it possible to add them in the marketpalce?

1 Like

Hello Panos,

Thank you for helping Jmix/CUBA communtiy!

At the moment we suggest the following process of adding a community add-on to the Jmix marketplace:

• The author builds an add-on using the latest Jmix version and publishes it on Maven Central.

• We include the add-on coordinates to Jmix BOM for the current feature release and publish the add-on on the Marketplace.

• If author updates the add-on, we update the add-on version in BOM with the next Jmix patch release.

• When we issue the next Jmix feature release, author updates the add-on to make it compatible with the new Jmix version. If it’s not done, we remove the add-on from the new BOM, but keep in the BOM and on the Marketplace for the previous version.

An add-on should have a comprehensive README and a permissive license like Apache 2.0 or MIT.

Regarding translations, we would like to accept your pull requests to our https://github.com/Haulmont/jmix-translations repository and build the translation add-on ourselves as part of our release process. The add-on will be published on the marketplace on your behalf. When some messages change in the future, we’ll create issues for translating the changes and assign to the translation author, so we’ll expect you to maintain the translation.

Regards,
Konstantin

3 Likes

Hi Konstantin
I have publish my addon on Maven Central
https://search.maven.org/search?q=g:gr.netmechanics.jmix

The repository is

I don’t know if this is the best way to inform you about. If not please guide me if you can.

I also work on translations and i will do a PR when they are ready.

Regards,
Panos

3 Likes

Hi Panos
Thank you for the contribution!
We’ll test the add-on and publish it on the marketplace in the next few days.

Regards,
Konstantin

Hello Panos,

Looks like your add-on binaries are compiled with Java 16, so I get the exception when trying to use the add-on in a project with Java 11:

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: gr/netmechanics/jmix/azurefs/AzureFileStorageConfiguration has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 60.0)

Could you rebuild the add-on with Java 8 (yes, we use it for the whole framework) and publish again?

Regards,
Konstantin

Hi Konstantin

I have rebuild add-on with Java 8, and published version 1.1.0

1 Like

Thanks Panos.
Unfortunately we couldn’t include it in the 1.1.1 BOM (it was built yesterday morning), so it will go into the next patch, probably this month. After that, we’ll publish the add-on on the markeplace.

Regards,
Konstantin

1 Like