Cannot update parent/child TreeDataGrid Checkbox

I have a TreeDataGrid with a renderer on column “isEnabled” like this (simplified):

@Supply(to = "treeDataGrid.isEnabled", subject = "renderer")
private Renderer<Entity> treeDataGridIsEnabledRenderer() {
	return createEnabledCheckBox();
}
private ComponentRenderer<JmixCheckbox, Entity> createEnabledCheckBox() {
	return new ComponentRenderer<>(entity -> {
		JmixCheckbox checkbox = uiComponents.create(JmixCheckbox.class);
		checkbox.setValue(Boolean.TRUE.equals(entity.getIsEnabled()));

// Value change listener to update isEnabled when the checkbox state changes
		checkbox.addValueChangeListener(e -> {
			// Update the entity's enabled property when checkbox value changes
			entity.setIsEnabled(e.getValue());   //-->Error is here

formatDc.replaceItem(entity);

if (e.getValue()) {
				// Check the parent if the child is selected
				checkParentRecursive(entity);
			} else {
				// Uncheck all children if the parent is unchecked
				uncheckAllDescendants(entity);
			}

// Refresh the grid to ensure UI updates
//			treeDataGrid.getDataProvider().refreshItem(entity);
		});

return checkbox;
	});
}
private void checkParentRecursive(Entity child) {
	Entity parent = child.getParent();
	if (parent != null) {
		parent.setIsEnabled(true);

// Update the parent entity in the data container
		// and refresh the parent component
		formatDc.replaceItem(parent);
//		treeDataGrid.getDataProvider().refreshItem(parent);

// Recursively check the parent's parent
		checkParentRecursive(parent);
	}
}
private void uncheckAllDescendants(Entity parent) {
	// Retrieve the parent entity using the hierarchy property
	List<Entity> children = parent.getChildren();

if (null != children && !children.isEmpty()) {
		log.info("Child size: {}", children.size());
		for (Entity child : children) {
			if (Boolean.TRUE.equals(child.getIsEnabled())) {
				child.setIsEnabled(false);

// Update the child entity in the data container
				// and refresh the child component
				formatDc.replaceItem(child);
//				treeDataGrid.getDataProvider().refreshItem(child);
			}
		// Recursively uncheck the child’s children
		uncheckAllDescendants(child);
		}
	}
}

Everything works fine if I check a last node of the element (childless), it will tick its parent up to root. However, if I check a node that have child, it will popup an error. Refer to the gif below:

error

What should I do to be able to check/uncheck the parent without error? Thanks

Edit:
this is the error log

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.vaadin.flow.component.Component.getElement()" because "recreatedComponent" is null
	at com.vaadin.flow.data.provider.AbstractComponentDataGenerator.refreshData(AbstractComponentDataGenerator.java:51) ~[flow-data-24.3.10.jar:24.3.10]
	at com.vaadin.flow.data.provider.CompositeDataGenerator.lambda$refreshData$2(CompositeDataGenerator.java:62) ~[flow-data-24.3.10.jar:24.3.10]
	at java.base/java.lang.Iterable.forEach(Iterable.java:75) ~[na:na]
	at com.vaadin.flow.data.provider.CompositeDataGenerator.refreshData(CompositeDataGenerator.java:62) ~[flow-data-24.3.10.jar:24.3.10]
	at com.vaadin.flow.data.provider.CompositeDataGenerator.lambda$refreshData$2(CompositeDataGenerator.java:62) ~[flow-data-24.3.10.jar:24.3.10]
	at java.base/java.lang.Iterable.forEach(Iterable.java:75) ~[na:na]
	at com.vaadin.flow.data.provider.CompositeDataGenerator.refreshData(CompositeDataGenerator.java:62) ~[flow-data-24.3.10.jar:24.3.10]
	at com.vaadin.flow.data.provider.DataCommunicator.refresh(DataCommunicator.java:405) ~[flow-data-24.3.10.jar:24.3.10]
	at io.jmix.flowui.component.delegate.AbstractGridDelegate.itemsValueChanged(AbstractGridDelegate.java:273) ~[jmix-flowui-2.3.1.jar:na]
	at io.jmix.flowui.kit.event.EventBus.fireEvent(EventBus.java:82) ~[jmix-flowui-kit-2.3.1.jar:na]
	at io.jmix.flowui.data.grid.ContainerDataGridItems.containerItemPropertyChanged(ContainerDataGridItems.java:76) ~[jmix-flowui-2.3.1.jar:na]
	at io.jmix.core.common.event.EventHub.publish(EventHub.java:172) ~[jmix-core-2.3.1.jar:na]
	at io.jmix.flowui.model.impl.InstanceContainerImpl.itemPropertyChanged(InstanceContainerImpl.java:182) ~[jmix-flowui-2.3.1.jar:na]
	at io.jmix.flowui.model.impl.CollectionContainerImpl.itemPropertyChanged(CollectionContainerImpl.java:228) ~[jmix-flowui-2.3.1.jar:na]
	at io.jmix.core.entity.BaseEntityEntry.firePropertyChanged(BaseEntityEntry.java:198) ~[jmix-core-2.3.1.jar:na]
	at io.jmix.core.impl.EntityInternals.fireListeners(EntityInternals.java:90) ~[jmix-core-2.3.1.jar:na]
	at com.inf.ph.entity.MsgSubStructFormat.setIsEnabled(MsgSubStructFormat.java:214) ~[main/:na]
	at com.inf.ph.view.gtwtemp.GtwTempDetailView.lambda$createEnabledCheckBox$196ab55b$1(GtwTempDetailView.java:401) ~[main/:na]

Update: I am able to fix and debug the issue.

Since I simplified the code a bit, the issue is not shown here. This is the actual code that trigger the error.

private ComponentRenderer<JmixCheckbox, MsgSubStructFormat> createDupCheckBox() {
        return new ComponentRenderer<>(msgSubStructFormat -> {
            if (msgSubStructFormat.getMsgStructureList().getApplTemp().getTagIdentifier().equals(MsgXmlCatEnum.ELEMENT)) {
                // Create checkbox component
                JmixCheckbox checkbox = uiComponents.create(JmixCheckbox.class);

// Set the initial value based on the isDup value
                checkbox.setValue(null != msgSubStructFormat.getIsDup() && msgSubStructFormat.getIsDup());

// Value change listener to update isDup when the checkbox state changes
                checkbox.addValueChangeListener(e -> {
                    msgSubStructFormat.setIsDup(e.getValue());
                });

return checkbox;
            }

// Handle for non-element structure
            return null;  <---- The actual error is because of this
        });
    }

During refreshing the DataContainer, it will trigger recreatedComponent() and getComponent(). Since, recreatedComponent() is returning null, it will trigger a NullPointerException on getComponent(). I don’t know if this is the intended, but I think if the recreatedComponent() is indeed null, then maybe just skip it or something

So, to overcome this. I just return the component but set its visibility to false.