I have a screen where I create two datagrids pointing to different dataContainers but for the same entity class.
I am setting the ids of the columns for both datagrids to the properties of the entity that needs to be edited. But the editor is only being installed in the first table not the second.
I am wondering if the fact that I have columns with identical ids from different datagrids (datagrids named differently of course) poses a problem when @installing editfieldgenerators and column generators.
Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Carlos.
Find attached the controller and descriptor of the user case I am trying to solve. This is part of an essay in developing the logic of an accounting application. It’s in spanish. But language will not play any role in our discussion.
So basically I display two tables that hold records of the same entity type. They consist of two columns, one of them has a basic numeric text editor, but the other one a combobox where I choose another entity type instance, that is a related entity to the one being edited in the table. I need to set a column generator and editor for that column, but since I have these two tables I am having issued displaying the editor and renderer for both tables. I have reached it getting to work properly if eliminating one of the two tables.
a possible solution would be to create different entity versions corresponding to each of the table. But that’s not very concordant with the data model and efficiency in data model design.
Any solutions? If you wish I can upload the project.
I managed to solve it, but dont know exactly how… all of a sudden the code works.
Sorry for not giving anyother info, only that the above code seems to be correct. Can’t explain why it was not working before.
I don’t know if you may following this post anymore, since I marked it solved a while ago.
I am having again the same issues… sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. I have packaged the project in a zip file and uploaded it for anyone that may be able to help to examine it.
So the point is that in the AsientoEdit screen I have two datagrids where the editors consisting of dropdown lists will render at certain occasions, and other don’t. And can’t explain what originates this behavior.
I presume the most likely problem is having identical id’s for the columns in the datagrid. But that’s necessary to be like that, since the entity Apunte is associated with Asiento via two members: apuntesDebe and apuntesHaber.