Entity description

Jmix is entity-based.
The entire data model takes advantage of this.
So does the view, but not as much as it could be.

For example, if several screens and menus display an entity, the dev need to define contextHelpText, icon, description… about entity/field for each one.

This information (contextHelpText, icon, description…) could be placed directly on the entity and field.
All screens would use it by default, and could be customised normally.
And Jmix addons could use it too, for example when the report display the tree Entity/field…

It would even be possible to have automatic screen with default behaviour for screens that don’t exist but are called up by a lookup or other.

• fields to display in column or form
  • fields for filtering
  • default sorting
  • pagination
  • autocomplete

Hi Benoit

I am fully with you and think this is a big enhancment with ( I think ) little effort.

In the meantime; I adapt in the Localized Message Box → advanced mode the Full message key …

grafik

But with your solution this would happen automatically :wink:

Best regards

Felix

So you don’t mind to include a lot of UI-related information in the persistence data model?

In fact in Jmix it’s usually the presentation model too, but we have refrained from doing this so far.

I don’t mind to have them in the data model if these are only descriptive informations.

But It’s also possible to have a DSL in view with these values as the fetchplan file.
The data model in studio will show them in a tab dedicated.

1 Like