Excel template & PDF output: Merged rows and overflow onto next page

Jmix version: 1.4.4
Jmix Studio plugin version: 1.5.1-231
IntelliJ version: IntelliJ IDEA 2023.1.5 (Ultimate Edition)

An example of my issue is:

I have an excel template. There is a single named region for data, A3:F5, formatted with cells merged as shown in the first image below. There are 3 merged rows within column A. Columns B through F contain ungrouped rows that correspond to the grouped rows in column A. I do not want any rows corresponding to the grouped rows to be split up when the report overflows onto the next page. When generating a report with a PDF output, it’s possible for the table’s data to overflow as shown in the second image below.

template

overflow

We had a similar task and we did not find a universal solving.
The report template in the XLSX format, but Excel there are no standard document parameters for automatic format how to “not break the line ‘,’ duplicate the header of the table on the new page '.
The conversion of the report to the PDF format also occurs without special formatting functions. similarly, the functions ‘Save as PDF’.

In our case, the height of the report header was known and we could choose the height of the lines of the “rreport body” so that the whole number of lines would be placed on the page.

If the report structure is not so stable - I think that it will not work to solve it on the XLSX template.
Perhaps Jasper will give more flexibility in this case.

1 Like

I appreciate your insights, thank you. Unfortunately, my use case falls into the “not so stable” category, so I will need to find other alternatives. If I discover a workaround or solution, I will relay it here.

1 Like