Exception when adding the Ehcache dependency

Hi.
I am facing a problem while adding the EhCache dependency to the JMIX Application. I’ve added the two dependencies.

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.springframework.boot</groupId>
  <artifactId>spring-boot-starter-cache</artifactId>
</dependency>
<dependency>
  <groupId>org.ehcache</groupId>
  <artifactId>ehcache</artifactId>
  <classifier>jakarta</classifier>
</dependency>

but, i am getting the following error.

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'core_LockManager': Invocation of init method failed
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.annotation.InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.postProcessBeforeInitialization(InitDestroyAnnotationBeanPostProcessor.java:222) ~[spring-beans-6.0.12.jar:6.0.12]
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.applyBeanPostProcessorsBeforeInitialization(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:419) ~[spring-beans-6.0.12.jar:6.0.12]
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1762) ~[spring-beans-6.0.12.jar:6.0.12]
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:598) ~[spring-beans-6.0.12.jar:6.0.12]
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:520) ~[spring-beans-6.0.12.jar:6.0.12]
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.lambda$doGetBean$0(AbstractBeanFactory.java:325) ~[spring-beans-6.0.12.jar:6.0.12]
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:234) ~[spring-beans-6.0.12.jar:6.0.12]
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:323) ~[spring-beans-6.0.12.jar:6.0.12]
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:199) ~[spring-beans-6.0.12.jar:6.0.12]
	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:973) ~[spring-beans-6.0.12.jar:6.0.12]
	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:942) ~[spring-context-6.0.12.jar:6.0.12]
	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:608) ~[spring-context-6.0.12.jar:6.0.12]
	at org.springframework.boot.web.servlet.context.ServletWebServerApplicationContext.refresh(ServletWebServerApplicationContext.java:146) ~[spring-boot-3.1.4.jar:3.1.4]
	at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.refresh(SpringApplication.java:737) ~[spring-boot-3.1.4.jar:3.1.4]
	at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.refreshContext(SpringApplication.java:439) ~[spring-boot-3.1.4.jar:3.1.4]
	at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.run(SpringApplication.java:315) ~[spring-boot-3.1.4.jar:3.1.4]
	at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.run(SpringApplication.java:1309) ~[spring-boot-3.1.4.jar:3.1.4]
	at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.run(SpringApplication.java:1298) ~[spring-boot-3.1.4.jar:3.1.4]
	at com.bb.beckn.JmixBppApplication.main(JmixBppApplication.java:34) ~[main/:na]
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to find cache: jmix-locks-cache
	at io.jmix.core.pessimisticlocking.impl.LockManagerImpl.init(LockManagerImpl.java:111) ~[jmix-core-2.1.1.jar:na]
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[na:na]
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:77) ~[na:na]
	at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[na:na]
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to find cache: jmix-locks-cache

And i followed the thread,

and added the following application property:

spring.cache.type=simple

Now i am not getting the error.

But is that any possibility for EhCache to work…?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I’ve tried to add EhCache to new Jmix 2.1.1 project using next dependencies in “build.gradle”:

implementation 'org.springframework.boot:spring-boot-starter-cache'
    implementation 'org.ehcache:ehcache:jakarta'

Cache is sucessfully obtained at LockManagerImpl.java:109 and Ehcache is used by spring JCacheCache:
Снимок экрана 2023-12-13 в 20.46.17
So, no exception occurs, pessimistic locks works too.

Please, see the example project (136.2 KB).

Jmix have not been tested with EhCache, so it may require an additional configuration or may not work in more complex cases, but in described one it works without problems.

If you still facing the exception, please, provide a minimal, reproducible example and I will try to find the cause of the issue.

Regards,
Dmitry