Extending JobModel.browse of Quartz add-on not working with Jmix plugin 1.5.3

Hi team,

I found two issues with extending the JobModel.browse screen of Quartz add-on.

First, the screen wizard generates a new value for @UIController instead using the original value from the ‘base’ Controller:
generated value: ext_quartz_JobModel.browse
correct value: quartz_JobModel.browse

Second, in the screen designer the XML descriptor didn’t show the extended elements from the Jmix UI palette, but the preview shows the added elements.
Since the xml didn’t show the data, it will not be persistent. When you close and reopen the descriptor the added elements from the palette are gone.

Test case:
Create new project (classic-ui, java)
Add Quartz add-on
Create new screen by extending JobModel.browse (from Quartz add-on)
Add some element via the Jmix-UI palette
in my case I added an additional action (with button) to the table

→ no data will be added to the xml descriptor - but it’s visible in the preview.
it looks like the descriptor is disconnected from preview/UI-palette for extended screens.

I added a test project for this test case (UIController value still wrong!)
test-enh-quartz.zip (93.3 KB)

Just for information:
There is a related issue with an already extended JobModel.browse screen migrated from Jmix 1.4.4 when running in Jmix 1.5.1 the extended screen shows an error on screen opening.
https://forum.jmix.io/t/jmix-1-5-1-open-a-extended-jobmodel-browse-screen-of-quartz-add-on-shows-an-error-on-screen-opening/2907

Best Regards,
Stefan

Jmix Plugin 1.5.3-231
Jmix 1.5.1
Java liberica-17.0.7
Windows 10
Intellij Utimate

Hi Stefan

Thanks for your feedback!

The first issue is actually expected behavior if you select Extend an existing screen template. If you want to replace some “base” screen, you need to select Override an existing screen template and select option:
Init screen layout with: Extend layout of existing screen
In this case screen id of the base screen used.

The second issue is obviously a defect. The YouTrack issue created, so you can follow the progress.