FlowUI very slow loading and running

It takes a long time to load a FlowUI project on my computer. And takes almost 10 minutes once I click the Run Configuration button till the application is accessible in the browse. My computer has 8GB of RAM and has i7 Intel processor. So maybe it needs more RAM or I need to get a newer computer. Anyway, advice on speeding up the load and run time would be appreciated. Further, how long will the backoffice ui dependent on Vaaddin 8 be supported? I have an application I need to get done and I would be comfortable with proceeding with the backoffice ui if I knew it would be a couple of years before I had to migrate it to FlowUI. Thanks for any assistance!

I would recommend testing a vanilla Vaadin Flow application on your machine, for example from here: Vaadin Flow Quick Start. Then you will know if it’s a general Vaadin problem or something related to Jmix.

Regarding the classic UI support, we currently don’t have any particular EOL date in mind. Anyway it will be much longer than 2 years from now. According to this document: Versioning – Jmix free maintenance will be provided for 3 years for a LTS release. A LTS release is a latest minor release of a major version. So in the worst case v.1.5 in Feb 2023 will be LTS supported until Feb 2026.

1 Like