I created a custom data store for an MSSQL database but when I go to “Generate Model” to create entities for the tables there the window shows “Schema: DBO” and the field cannot be edited.
How can I specify the schema for the “Generate Model” window?
Hi,
The Generate Model feature doesn’t have the ability to import tables from non-current schema.
You have to specify schema in the data store connection settings, and then run “Generate Model”.
I think that after import you can change data store connection settings back, and then manually change all definitions of the imported entities, use @Table(name = "...", schema="schema_name"), such entity definitions should work in the runtime.
At least on MSSQL you cannot set the schema on the connection string. It always connects to dbo and you access other objects via dot notation (my_schema.my_object).
I am simply writing the whole path to the @Table(name="dbo_whatever.my_table", ...) which is valid for MSSQL and just works.
For the moment I am writing the entities myself, there are not too many anyway.