Global users instead of tenant-specific users. How?

Hello everyone,

I would like to implement a multi-tenant application with global users instead of tenant-specific users. Tenant owners will be able to invite users to specific tenant roles, each of which will have individual permissions.

I am wondering if this add-on will allow me to accomplish this. Could you please advise me on how to proceed?

Hi Minh,

Could you explain in more detail what you would like to achieve?
Why multi-tenancy if all users are global?

Hello, thank you for your response.

I believe my problem is quite common. Imagine that I would like to build a multi-tenant system like Slack, where every user can register freely and can create an isolated workspace. Each workspace should have its own channels, messages, media, and so on. Additionally, the workspace owner could be able to invite other users and assign difference roles to them.

I’m not sure if this add-on can solve the problem mentioned above, or if there is a better solution available

Doesn’t look like a common requirement for enterprise applications to me :slight_smile:

Anyway, you need a user to belong to multiple “tenants”. It’s impossible with the Multitenancy add-on, so you cannot use it as is. But in theory you could develop your own solution by looking at the source code of the standard add-on.