Hot deploy not working

I’ve just started working with Jmix after working with Cuba for years. I’m following Mario David’s “Rent Your Stuff” tutorials as a starting point to understand the difference.

I am finding that the hot deploy is not working in my sample Jmix app.

I’m running Intellij Idea Ultimate 2022.1 and Jmix Studio 1.2.1-213. Note that Cuba 15.9-213 is also installed at the same time, if that makes any difference.

I can’t find a “Jmix” menu like I had in Cuba where I could force a hot deploy.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

The problem with hot deploy has been fixed recently and the fix will be available in the next patch by the middle of May. See https://youtrack.jmix.io/issue/JST-2812.

In the current version, reopening the project should fix hot deploy for a while until IDE starts reindexing something.

2 Likes

Thanks. Restarting the app is not the end of the world in the meantime.

@eraskin did you ever get it to work? I’m running into the same issue…

Hi

Most frequently the hot deploy stops working when Studio cannot determine that the application is actually running. It can be for example if you specify the server port in a non-standard way.

In this case you don’t see messages about hot deploy in the console. Did you see any hot deploy related messages? Do you have server.port property or SERVER_PORT env. variable specified?

Also you can enable debug logging in the IDE for hot deployment subsystem. And provide us idea.log file. You can find it using Help → Show Log in (Finder/Explorer)
Add the following line to the Custom Debug Log Configuration (Help → Diagnostic Tools → Debug Log Settings…):
#com.haulmont.jmixstudio.intellij.hotdeploy

I have no server port settings, it is running on 8080 (I have such settings for production in a different spring profile but I would expect that doesn’t matter)

I see no output at all regarding hot deploy.

Do you still facing this hot deploy issues?
If so, please enable debug logging, try to make some changes with app running and provide us idea.log file. See instructions in my answer above.