Jmix Bookstore Sample - unable to run it

Hello everybody

I am using Jmix Enterprise and cloned the repo “GitHub - jmix-framework/jmix-bookstore: Jmix Bookstore is a comprehensive example application built with Jmix” (dated 23rd February 2023, 17 pm European Time).

Running the project: An error caused by one of the liquibase changescripts (trying to drop something which isn’t existing) - which can be discard.

Passing this by the compilation of the widgets fails with the following cause:

Fehler: Hauptklasse Lutz.gradle\caches\modules-2\files-2.1\io.jmix.core\jmix-core-starter\1.4.4\63786e0f590beeeeaca06d6706367c343dab20da\jmix-core-starter-1.4.4.jar;C:\Users\Michael konnte nicht gefunden oder geladen werden

Ursache: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Lutz/gradle\caches\modules-2\files-2/1\io/jmix/core\jmix-core-starter\1/4/4\63786e0f590beeeeaca06d6706367c343dab20da\jmix-core-starter-1/4/4/jar;C:\Users\Michael

I am stucked here since several days. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

best regards

Michael Lutz

Hi Michael,

I think you already correctly identified the problem. It seems to be related to the fact that you have a space in your username.

Have you tried creating another Jmix project and run it (with a premium add-on like maps) to ensure the problem persists?

Can you try on another computer as well?

I cannot reproduce the described situation.

Cheers
Mario

Hi Mario, again thank you for your patience and support.

I am in the process of setting up my machine trying out what you recommended. As soon as I have any result I will post it here.

Have a nice week,

Michael

hi Mario, finally I got everything running after reinstalling IDE and jmix under a username without space. It seems that only one or a few of the commercial plugins have a problem with usernames containing a space. The free plugins seem to work.

Maybe it’s worth to announce this behavior under the setup prerequisites. Again, thx for your support.

Best regards

Michael