Quo vadis charts library

Hello Jmix Team!
Maybe not the first question of this kind…
What default / build-in library for charts will be supported further?
Will amCharts stay first choice? How to update to amCharts v5?

We would like to avoid external JS libs, but buying lic for amCharts v3 gets tricky…

Thanks in advanc,e
br
HP

That’s a good question. I am also waiting for some updates and it is becoming urgent day by day! Look at this link here. As mentioned, it seems the Jmix team is working on the solution to address charts, dashboards etc… I would say more towards embedded analytics, which is exciting but difficult to wait long since we have ongoing projects.

1 Like

Hi,

At the moment, there is no certainty about what charts library will be integrated into a Jmix add-on.
We’ll let you know as soon as we decide, probably later this year.

Regards,
Konstantin

Hi Konstantin
We understand you are investigating different options which takes time. If you are sharing with us what will be the chosen options later this year, when do you think that addons/tech pieces to be available in Jmix, any timing ideas at a high level? You know why I am asking for this info; it is going to take a long time then I have to decide whether we wait for that or engage resources on some workarounds for ongoing projects!!

We introduce new features in minor releases each 4 months. The upcoming Jmix 2.1 release is expected in October 2023, the next one in February 2024. We will do our best to provide solutions for Charts and Dashboards by February.

1 Like

Thank you, Konstantin, for this insight. This will work for my project.

Thanks Konstantin,
hopefully awaiting, that amCharts version xy still will do the job and not all the wrappers will have to be renewed, we will go on with v3…
br
HP