We are excited to inform you that the long-awaited stable release of the Jmix framework and Studio is finally out!
To start working with Jmix, do the following:
- Download and install the IntelliJ IDEA 2021.1 (Community edition is enough) from the JetBrains site.
- Start IntelliJ IDEA.
- Install the Jmix plugin into the IDE. It can be done through the Settings → Plugins dialog or just by clicking a button on this page.
Check out the corresponding documentation page for the system requirements and additional installation details.
Learn Jmix using the following resources:
- Jmix web site: https://www.jmix.io/
- Documentation: https://docs.jmix.io/jmix/1.0/intro.html
- Quick Start Guide
- Live demo containing examples of using Jmix visual components: https://demo.jmix.io/sampler/
- Add-on marketplace: Jmix Marketplace
The most important changes implemented in Jmix since 0.9 beta are listed below.
New implemented add-ons are available on the Marketplace:
- Grid export actions
- Simplified Chinese
Updated core libraries:
- Gradle 7.0
- Spring Boot 2.5.1
Notable new features:
- Support for relative date and time moments in JPQL queries Support for relative date and time moments in JPQL queries · Issue #64 · Haulmont/jmix-data · GitHub
- Helium Dark theme preset: Helium Dark · Issue #405 · Haulmont/jmix-ui · GitHub
- Repository interfaces in the Spring Data style (experimental): Support for Spring Data repositories · Issue #122 · Haulmont/jmix-core · GitHub
- Compatibility with JTA global transactions Compatibility with JTA global transactions · Issue #30 · Haulmont/jmix-data · GitHub
All improvements and fixes:
- In Jmix Framework: https://docs.jmix.io/jmix/1.0/whats-new/release_1.0.0.html
- In Jmix Studio: https://youtrack.jmix.io/issues/JST?q=Fixed%20in%20builds:%201.0.0
To be able to upgrade your existing projects and use Jmix 1.0, you need to update your Jmix plugin to the 1.0.0 version using the Settings → Plugins dialog in the IDE.
Note that unlike beta versions, Jmix 1.0.0 requires the latest IntelliJ IDEA version - 2021.1.
Unfortunately, Jmix plugin 1.0 isn’t fully compatible with the Jmix framework 0.9 (mostly in the area of screen designer), so we recommend you to migrate your projects to Jmix 1.0.0 as soon as possible.
Migration instructions are presented here: https://docs.jmix.io/jmix/1.0/whats-new/index.html#upgrade-from-0.9
Jmix Studio 1.0.0 requires active subscription in order to use visual designers for convenient work with entities, screens, fetch plans, and roles.
A trial subscription can be requested once by every new user. It allows a developer to evaluate full capabilities of the Studio for 28 days.
Commercial subscription can be purchased in Jmix Store: Jmix
Read more in the documentation: https://docs.jmix.io/jmix/1.0/studio/subscription.html
We are aware that many CUBA platform users are eager to upgrade the techlonogical foundation of their projects. Don’t worry, we will provide a migration path and help in the Studio.
For backward compatibility purposes, we have introduced a
jmix-cuba module. This module contains most of the APIs implemented in CUBA. So, you won’t need to change your code much in order to migrate to the next framework version. The compatibility module will be added automatically to your application during migration.
Support of the automated migration of the CUBA project to Jmix in the Jmix Studio is currently in development. It will be ready for the next Jmix release - 1.1 (planned for October). Additionally we will publish the instruction describing various aspects one needs to consider when migrating.
Happy coding with the new framework and Studio!
And as always, we are looking forward to your feedback!