RichText editor in Flow 2.x

Hi Jmix team,
I need to develop an application where I have to use RichText field in which text formatting, images etc. to be used. As there is no such component in Jmix component collection, I’m wondering if Jmix would be the right choice or I should use some other frameworks. Thanks for any comments.

Hello,

At the moment, we have not added Rich Text Editor, since the official version from Vaadin is paid. We are investigating this issue. For now, you can use third-party solutions.

Regards,
Nikita

Hi Nikita
When do you think a decision to be made?

In the next couple of weeks, a roadmap will be formed for the next release in February 2024.

Regards,
Nikita

1 Like

This made me google a bit and I found this

and from there to

As I understand one can integrate any js component not necessarily one from the vaadin directory.
Although it would be nice for Jmix to pick one and have it officially wraped.

Kind regards,
Mladen

1 Like

Eagerly waiting for the Feb 2024release roadmap especially for dashboard, chart and embedded analytics as a major one, Pivot table, RichText component, group table/ grid component etc.

:scream:
This is so bad . Have just started a project on 2.x where rich text editor should have been the protagonist. Are there any quick solutions to integrate something else ?
Man, I had just an argument with a colleague that we were better off with Jmix than with Laravel/Filament…and now I have to humbly admit he was right…at least till the feb release.

Hi
I needed the same too and can’t wait for Feb’24 release; I have used a vaadin add-on that works just fine. (https://vaadin.com/directory/component/quill-richtext-editor)

1 Like

just wanted to start migrating one of our projects to jmix 2 and noticed the RTA is missing :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

looking forward to 2.2 :partying_face:

Hi Tom, Jmix 2.2 is out, make sure to proceed with upgrade :slight_smile: RTE component, based on Quill JS is included.

2 Likes