Services Swagger documents

I am using Jmix to build the back-end system for my client. I use rest plugin to provide rest services for the front-end to invoke.

I need to let the front-end developers know how to invoke the rest api. The way I think of is to provide the services’ swagger documents.

I have no problem in generating the swagger documents, but the content of the document isn’t what I expected.
For example, if the service’s parameter is an object, the swagger document can’t show the structure of the object. I still need to tell the front-end developer what’s the structure of each field of the object is.

My questions is: is there anyway to generate the swagger documents according to some annotations or java comments?

Project-specific OpenAPI Documentation includes information about all entities and their generic endpoints.

And you are right, it doesn’t show types of service parameters and results. You can improve the documentation generator if you override the OpenAPIGeneratorImpl bean in your project. Or just use it as a starting point to create your own documentation endpoint.

1 Like