Task :compileWidgets FAILED after upgrade to 1.4.0

Hi,

after upgrading studio and my project to 1.4.0 i get the following error on bootRun Task:

Task :compileWidgets FAILED
Fehler: Hauptklasse source\src\main\java;C:\Project\test konnte nicht gefunden oder geladen werden
Ursache: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: source\src\main\java;C:\Project\test

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':compileWidgets'.

* Exception is:
org.gradle.api.tasks.TaskExecutionException: Execution failed for task ':compileWidgets'.
	at org.gradle.api.internal.tasks.execution.ExecuteActionsTaskExecuter.lambda$executeIfValid$1(ExecuteActionsTaskExecuter.java:142)

Caused by: org.gradle.process.internal.ExecException: Process 'command 'C:\Users\user\.jdks\liberica-17.0.5\bin\java.exe'' finished with non-zero exit value 1
	at org.gradle.process.internal.DefaultExecHandle$ExecResultImpl.assertNormalExitValue(DefaultExecHandle.java:415)
	at org.gradle.process.internal.DefaultJavaExecAction.execute(DefaultJavaExecAction.java:52)
	at org.gradle.process.internal.DefaultExecActionFactory.javaexec(DefaultExecActionFactory.java:195)
	at org.gradle.api.internal.project.DefaultProject.javaexec(DefaultProject.java:1161)
	at io.jmix.gradle.ui.WidgetsCompile.compileWidgets(WidgetsCompile.java:152)

could someone help me what’s the cause of this?

thanks

Hello!

I’ve tried to reproduce the exception but without success. Could you please describe steps to reproduce the problem, which add-ons are setup? or share demo project with the given exception.

thanks for your help! I’m using the following starter in my build.gradle:

implementation 'io.jmix.ui:jmix-charts-starter'
    implementation 'io.jmix.dashboards:jmix-dashboards-chart-starter'
    widgets 'io.jmix.ui:jmix-charts-widgets'
    widgets 'io.jmix.ui:jmix-ui-widgets'

and

compileWidgets {
    generate "de.begpaf.mitgliederverwaltung.widgets.CustomWidgetSet"
    includePaths("**/io/jmix/**/widget/**", "**/de/demo/test/widgets/**")
}

i will try to setup a sample project.

Tried project with Charts, Dashboards, Reports and jmix-dashboards-chart-starter - compilation works. Also, I used Liberica JDK 17.0.5.

Could you try to remove build folder in your project and rebuild it?

I’ve tried this already. But I could solve this issue now by renaming my working directory. I had spaces in my file structure. I know that’s not a good idea, but this worked until 1.4.0. Thanks for your help anyway!

Thank you for reporting about the problem.
It will be fixed in the next patch, see issue.