Using an entity attribute as a parameter

Jmix version: 1.4.4
Jmix Studio plugin version: 1.5.1-231
IntelliJ version: IntelliJ IDEA 2023.1.5 (Ultimate Edition)

I need to use an entity attribute as a report parameter. Can this be done through the reports UI?

You can determine the parameter of the report with the type ‘Entity’.
And get the attribute of the entity-param in the Groovy report.

For example, if you need to use as a parameter of the code attribute from the Report.
We make a report parameter with the Report type.

And use the attribute of the entity as a parameter for the formation of the report band.

1 Like

Thank you for the insight.

My use case is as follows. I have an entity, “appointment” that has a string field, “status”. There are restrictions that prevent me from converting that field to an enum, but I have created an enum to use as a parameter for a report concerning the “appointment” entity.

The report parameter editor lets me use an enum as a parameter type, but the enum I created is not among those available to select from. I’m not sure what I’m missing, so I’d appreciate any help. Thanks.

As far as I know, a new enumeration is not displayed in the list of possible report parameter types if this enumeration is not associated with a data model.
If the created enumeration is not associated with some field of some JmixEntity, then such an enumeration is not visible in the report parameter types.

1 Like