I am trying to build some Resource Roles and Resource Policies but I can not see the Role Designer screen as described in the documentation. When I create a resource role, the java source file is created and appears on the code editor but no screen to help me customize it.
I checked my Jmix license on the Welcome screen; it is a “RAD” plan.
Trying to troubleshoot the problem, I created another test project and then created a resource role to see if the screen would appear in this new, empty project but the situation is the same.
After that, I even updated the IntelliJ Idea to the latest version, without any effect.
On the other hand, I noticed that the resource roles created on the new project appear under the “Security” item in the Jmix project tree, which does not happen in the original project.
New test project:
Original project:
Can anyone give me a clue on that?
Thanks.
Jmix version: 1.6.2
Jmix Studio plugin version: 2.1.3-231
IntelliJ version: IntelliJ IDEA 2023.1.7 (Community Edition)
java version “1.8.0_431”
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_431-b10)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.431-b10, mixed mode)
Hello, I use Jmix 2.2.3 and when I open a role under Security, it displays the editable source code of the role, with Text tab opened as default - but I can for example open Entities tab located in the bottom
Most likely, yes.
My experience is that it is best to wait until the Jmix team catches up with the latest IntelliJ version, before upgrading myself. It takes a few days usually.
When I want to switch to the new IntelliJ version I don’t upgrade to not break anything, but rather install a new instance using the JetBrains Toolbox JetBrains Toolbox App: Manage Your Tools with Ease
Thanks for the advice, Timur. I upgraded the Java SDK to version 17.0.12 and changed my project settings accordingly, but that did not solve the issue.
I see that you using Jmix plugin 2.1.3-231 that is rather old version, and IDEA 2023.1. Please try to install IDEA 2024.3 and latest Jmix plugin, 2.4.2-243.
Alexander, I think that is not an option for me at the moment because migrating my whole application to Jmix version 2 would require a huge effort.
When Jmix V 2 appeared, I did not adopt it because it did not have the equivalent of screen fragments which my application relies heavily upon for code reuse. So, I delayed my migration waiting for Jmix to come up with an equivalent feature. How is the situation now? Does Jmix version 2 feature something that provides the functionality of screen fragments?
Here I’am talking about updating Jmix Studio plugin, not Jmix framework version in the project.
It is recommended to have latest plugin version even if you working with legacy framework versions. Jmix Studio is fully compatible with all previous framework versions.